I'm happy to announce the release of my latest lynda.com title, Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6.
Here's the blurb from lynda.com:
Learn to think like a painter and render images that look like they were created with oils or acrylics, using the latest digital artist's tools. Author and artist John Derry introduces the process of interpreting a photograph into a painted work of art.
He begins by explaining his system of visual vocabularies, which describe how to replace the visual characteristics of a photograph with that of expressive painting, and also shares the custom brush sets and actions he uses to achieve these results in Adobe Photoshop. The course also covers working with filters, layers, effects, and more to add further detail and texture.
• Setting up a Wacom tablet
• Removing lens distortions
• Correcting distracting image elements
• Making shadow and highlight adjustments
• Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
• Modifying color
• Cloning layers
• Using a traditional paint color swatch set
• Using custom actions
• Working with canvas texture
• Creating physical surface texture effects
• Painting with custom brushes
Happy New Year!