Monday, August 15, 2011

My Latest lynda.com Title is Now Live



The production elves at lynda.com have been working overtime...so much so that my latest title, Transforming a Photograph into a Painting with Adobe Photoshop, has been released ahead of schedule.

The above introductory segment from the title provides an overview of its content. This title additionally comes with a specially prepared version of my Artists' Brushes for use with the title's lessons.

And—to add the icing on the cake—Colleen Wheeler, content manager for design at lynda.com, just informed me that Transforming a Photograph into a Painting with Adobe Photoshop had the most viewers this past weekend by a factor of 2!

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm already there studying, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial! Just finished watching it and now I feel inspired to try out digital painting. I also really appreciate all the cool tools you included with the instructions. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was introduced to John Deery via the tutorials that came with Painter Essentials which was included with the Wacom pen. I decided to renew my subscription to lynda.com and found Deery there also. I intended to take notes along the way but the material was so interesting, I blazed right through in two sittings. Of course, I'll go through it again much more slowly to absorb all the content. As a non-artist in my first year or so of editing, I have a lot to learn . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I just finished watching your course Transforming a Photograph into a Painting with Adobe Photoshop on lynda.com and I thought I needed to find your website and let you know how much I enjoyed it!

    It was very rewarding to finally find a course that recognizes the value of translating a photographic image into an artistic representation by means of digital post-processing.

    I liked your style, your work, your techniques and the vocabulary that differentiates a photograph from a painting... you really defined with your words my toughs and my ideas!

    I appreciate too the brushes and presets shared. I will follow you in lynda.com to learn more and will subscribe to receive news on how to best develop this digital art –which is also a passion of mine.

    Thanks again for the inspiration and reassurance! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete