Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays from the PixlBlog!

Click to view larger

I miss the days of mailing holiday cards. For more than 25 years, I created and printed (later, I had it printed) a card made with digital painting tools. It seems that the custom is being quickly obsoleted by email cards, which have a definite "green" factor. A tradeoff is that you can send your greetings to a potentially much larger circle of friends and acquaintances.

The above image is my artwork for this year's greetings. It is based on a photograph I shot in Chicago (on Michigan Ave.) 3 years ago while we visited between Christmas and New Year. I've been working towards creating a greater distance between the source photo and the painted art. For example, I added all of the pedestrians in this painting, which were non-existent in the original.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and continued creativity!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful John!!! Happy Holidays! - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays John! I love the greeting card painting! The pedestrians give it a real twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. Happy Holidays.
    Audrey Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great aerial perspective.

    ReplyDelete