Tuesday, November 16, 2010

John's Dry Media: Railway Express Agency

The Union Pacific Railroad Museum recently sponsored the 50th Anniversary Special, a commemorative excursion of the Union Pacific's legacy steam engine 844 and historical equipment. The excursion made a swing through Council Bluffs, Iowa to pick up lucky passengers for an day-long roundtrip on the legacy train.

Click to view full size image


I got the chance to shoot some photos of the engine and train while it was on display in the Council Bluffs UP rail yards. The classic UP yellow cars caught my eye and I ended up doing a pastel interpretation from one of the shots:

Click to view full size image


I used my Dry Media brushes for Adobe Photoshop CS5 to create the pastel. Below are a couple of 100% scale close-ups to provide a sense of the brushes' texturing capability:

Click to view full image


Click to view full image


John's Dry Media for Photoshop CS5 are available for purchase at $19.95. Enjoy chalk and pastels without the dust!

John's Dry Media for Adobe Photoshop CS5
If you have an image created using John's Dry Media, send me a JPEG and I'll feature it here on the PixlBlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment