Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wacom Cintiq 21UX and Photoshop CS5 at NYC ComicCon

I just got back from demoing Adobe Photoshop CS5 on the new Cintiq 21UX in the Wacom booth at New York ComicCon. Needless to say, this show is populated with an amazing variety of attendees in costume to show off their favorite superhero. I had the opportunity to walk the show floor and photograph some of the fans' amazing efforts. The above photo is one attendee's interpretation of Rorschach, a character from DC Comics miniseries, Watchmen.

Click to view full size image

I loaded the photo onto my workstation in the booth (a $600 Mac Mini!) and used it as a starting point for interpretation into a painting using my Artists' Brushes for Photoshop CS5. Whenever I was asked what application I was using and I said, "Photoshop CS5", the reaction was usually one of disbelief. Attendees couldn't believe that brushwork like I was showing was possible in Photoshop!

Click to view full size image

My brushes, along with the Cintiq, make for a very dynamic demonstration of interactive painting. But you don't need a Cintiq to experience my brushes; they work just fine on any Wacom-equipped machine.

John's Artists' Brushes for Photoshop CS5 and John's Dry Media are each available for just $19.95. If you have Photoshop CS5 and are into painting, this will be the best investment you can make!

John's Artists' Brushes for Adobe Photoshop CS5

John's Dry Media for Adobe Photoshop CS5

If you have an image created using my brushes, send me a JPEG and I'll feature it here on the PixlBlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment