Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Painting in Adobe Photoshop CS5: Step-by-Step

Click to watch preview segment


I've put together a quick video demonstrating the key steps of interpreting a photograph into a finished painting using Adobe® Photoshop® CS5. My goal here is to take Photoshop beyond simple so-called smudge painting and utilize it as a full-blown painting medium. The photograph is simply a guide underpainting upon which I apply my own expressive embellishments.

Adobe Creative Suite 5 will be previewed on April 12th.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can produce more video tutorial about Photoshop brushes.... If you can... from A to Z, Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the preparatory phase of authoring a Photoshop CS5 painting title for lynda,com. Stay Tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John -

    This is exciting stuff! Has Adobe developed a "natural media" brush engine like Painter's?

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob:

    At this point I must let the images speak for themselves...Adobe policy.

    -john

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understood. Well, you've certainly piqued interest! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete