Sunday, August 23, 2009

Painter Watercolor Webinar Brushes Preview



I'm in the process of finalizing the brushes for this week's All Things Painter Watercolor Webinar. The final name for this brush set is John's Watercolors.

As I mentioned before, I didn't approach the design of these brushes from the point of view of a watercolorist (I'm not one). Rather, I examined the look of watercolor and designed brushes that simulate the look without the medium's often unforgiving nature.

Below is an example of John's Watercolors in action. Click on the image to view a QuickTime movie of the image being created.


The brushes in the John's Watercolors library are composed of both Painter X and Painter 11 brushes. I'm specifically taking advantage of a Painter 11 feature to accomplish the ease-of-use factor I've mentioned. Does this mean that John's Watercolors will not be useful to the non-Painter 11 user? Definitely not! The pre-Painter 11 brushes have some tricks of their own.

The really interesting thing is that all the brushes work together seamlessly. Even if you are currently not a Painter 11 user, you owe it to yourself to see these brushes. During the webinar, I will explain how these brushes work and are user-adjusted to suit your needs.

The webinar is $30. You can sign up for the All Things Painter webinar by clicking the PayPal "Buy Now" button below. If you don't have a PayPal account, an option to pay via credit card is offered as well.

Viva la Painter!

-john

Sign up for the webinar has closed.

4 comments:

  1. Cant make the webinar John good luck with it and im dying for it to come on sale with pay pal ....

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your webinar last Friday John. I'm anxiuosly awaiting the watercolor brushes. Will they be available soon?
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finalizing the edited video from the webinar and the package (brushes, video, PDF instructions will be finished today for distribution. Attendees will receive an email with download instructions.

    Thanks for attending!

    -john

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://sketchingdrawing.com

    ReplyDelete