Thursday, August 6, 2009

All Things Painter Webinar Topics Update


I've gotten a few requests for the All Things Painter webinar on 8/28. As a result, I'll be providing updates to give you an idea of what topics are likely to be covered.

Utilizing Image Luminance on a layer
Don't let this rather technical-sounding subject title scare you off. Did you know some of the Layer palette's Compositing Methods (blend modes) can be used to create non-destructive texture layers, or be used to create equally non-destructive Dodging and Burning tonal adjustment tools? It is a very simple pixel trick, and knowing how to utilize it offers a new arrow to add to your Painter quiver.

I'll provide an easy-to-understand visual explanation of the use of gray-scale information in layers. In the meantime, you can take a look at my blog post on Blend Modes Demystified.

I'll be providing additional posts as new topics are added. The All Things Painter webinar costs $30 and will be on August 28, at 11:30AM-12:30PM Mountain Daylight Time.

You can sign up by clicking the PayPal "Buy Now" button below. If you don't have a PayPal account, a credit card can be used.

-john

Sign up for the webinar has closed.

2 comments:

  1. How can Mountain Daylight Time via 11:30 - 12:30PM be the same as PDT 11:30 - 12:30PM. I am in San Francisco and want to sign up but the two times that are listed cannot be the same? You have them both in your announcement. Please clarify.

    dw934@yahoo.com

    I want to sign up, but I need to know the exact time via San Francisco time as to when to sign on. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the confusion. The webinar is 11:30 Mountain Standard Time.

    The moral of this story is, "Never let the designer (me!) proofread his own work!".

    Thanks for catching my error!

    -john

    ReplyDelete